Where do orders ship from?
All orders ship from my studio in Boston, MA in the USA!
What is the processing time?
Alice Starling is an independent shop, completely run by myself! I try my best to ship orders within 3 business days. You should receive a shipping notification email when your order is fulfilled. With this in mind, during launches or promotional sales, orders may take between 1-14 days to process to make sure that everything ships safely.
If your parcel is due to be shipped on a day where the postal service is not running (e.g. National holidays), your parcel will be shipped the following business day. Bad weather conditions can also delay shipping, so please be aware that if your city is experiencing storms, shipping of your parcel may be delayed.
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
Shipping time estimates:
3-7 business days (Mon - Fri)
International (outside U.S)
7-31 business days (Mon - Fri) after the package has left the country
Due to recent USPS changes, packages now arrive at a partner facility before they are shipped overseas. This will appear on your tracking page as: Arrived Shipping Partner Facility. This means the package has not left the country yet.
Please do not contact me about a lost package until the package has taken at least this long to arrive from the shipment date. (U.S shipments: 7 business days, International shipments: 31 business days after the package has left the country)
Help! I think my package went missing!
If you requested tracking and it's showing delivered, but you haven't received your parcel...
Shipment tracking can sometimes be tricky and may not show real-time information. Here are a few possible reasons as to why your parcel may not be in your mailbox:
1. The carrier has accidentally delivered your parcel to a neighbour instead. Please double check with your neighbours to see if they might have accidentally received your mail.
2. The carrier attempted delivery, but was unsuccessful, and will attempt delivery on the next business day. (This sometimes happens, even when it is marked as delivered! It's happened to me in the past and I always freak out until it shows up two days later...)
3. Delivery was attempted but was unsuccessful due to improper address, and your parcel is en route back to me, the sender, and the tracking status was not updated correctly (In this case, I would forward the parcel back to you, however you are expected to pay for shipping to have it sent again. Having the mail returned does not make my cancellation or return policy any less valid and I am not responsible for you putting in the wrong information. I simply cannot afford to pay to reship items due misinformation).
4. Your parcel is lost/stolen. This unfortunately can happen, in which case we would open a claim with USPS.
The postal service is not exempt from making mistakes, or losing packages, as many of us know from shopping online. To avoid any problems, I would highly recommend choosing the tracked package method, especially for international packages and large orders. I am not responsible for lost or stolen packages, and the post office will help you find your package if this is the case.
I'm an international customer, any fees I should be aware of?
You may purchase an optonal shipping upgrade insurance to receive tracking on international orders. Otherwise, they will not be tracked once they leave the US.
While it's unlikely, tax and duty fees (VAT, also known as GST) may be applied to your parcel upon entering its destination country, as many countries impose VAT/GST on imported merchandise items. Generally, the amount is a percentage that is based on the overall value of your order. A handling fee may also be added to the overall total charged. Unlike your local shop or supermarket, we are unable to automatically include VAT/GST into the prices of our items, as the percentage of taxes vary between countries. Additionally, we are unable to collect these taxes and pay the corresponding Tax Revenue departments of each country. Therefore, the customer is responsible for these fees, so please bear this in mind and make sure that you are aware of your country's import guidelines before ordering.
Should you decide against paying any fees imposed on the parcel prior to it being released to you, you may reject the parcel, and it will be returned to us and we will be happy to provide a refund of the costs of the items (sans shipping costs) once we receive the parcel back in our hands.
How do you ship?
All orders are shipped through USPS first class.
Packages are sent in padded bubble mailers to ensure that your goodies arrive safely!
Returns & Exchanges
I do not accept returns! The description of products are made very clear, so all sales are final. I use my keen eye to thoroughly inspect all merch before it goes out, although none of us are perfect so, I am, however, willing to do exchanges if:
- The pin arrived with noticeable flaws such as missing enamel or problems with the metal. (It would have to be enough damage to make a Standard Grade pin a Seconds Grade. I will NOT exchange anything that is not a major defect, and this does not apply to Seconds Grade purchases)
- If the wrong item was sent! This does occasionally happen, I pack all orders myself and sometimes I can make mistakes! I will need a photo of the pin and an order number to do these exchanges!
If you receive a product that is faulty the items will be replaced with no extra charges to the customer. Please photograph your items and contact me, and I'll do my best to make things right!
All pins in this shop are sold as standard grade pins! It's possible for you to recieve a pin with small defects - please be aware of this.
*If you are a collector and want to ensure you're getting an absolutely perfect pin, you may want to email me with your order number specifying this.*
Standard Grade: Free of major defects but *may* exhibit minor imperfections such as minor scratches, minor smudging or minor air bubbles. They may also have scratching on the sides, or underside of the pin - areas that are not visible when you look at the pin's face. These are minor problems and are, for the most part, very hard to notice.
Seconds Grade: Multiple or major defects of the types mentioned above, or: peeling enamel, missing enamel, or other unexpected Problems. Typically these issues are minor, but can be a bit more major. The more noticeable the defect, the higher the discount will be.
Rest assured that I'm detail oriented and hold my art to the highest standards when inspecting and grading pins.
Can I get your artwork tattooed?
While it's an honor to know you love my work, please contact me before getting my artwork tattooed! I also do custom tattoo work, and would love to work with you on a custom tattoo design that's 100% yours.
Do you offer design services?
Yes, I do! For all kinds of projects. Please feel free to contact me, Alice, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about custom designs and commissions. I have previously worked with small businesses and individual customers to design logos, stickers, website graphics, flyers, and posters. If you are looking for a offbeat, multifaceted illustrator for your project, I would love to hear from you!
I run a store and I would like to stock your products! Who do I get in touch with?
That's great! Please feel free to contact me, Alice, at shopalicestarling.com for more information regarding wholesale. I'm happy to discuss specific stock, plan collaborations and answer any questions you may have!